Workouts to treat IBS symptoms
Be it in the teens or the people in their mid-forties, irritable bowel syndrome is something that can be annoying and difficult to manage. However, with the knowledge about the symptoms, the condition can be managed quite well. While there are many treatment options available, regular exercise and yoga help a person to a larger extent in managing the IBS Symptoms.
Exercise: While exercises cannot cure IBS, they do help in managing IBS symptoms. To reduce stress and to reduce the occurrence of constipation episodes and other gastrointestinal problems, you can resort to a combination of physical activities. Exercises like walking, jogging, and cycling improve your overall health and reduce stress.
Meditation: Practice breathing exercises regularly to improve the health of your digestive system. Take deep breaths from the abdomen into your lungs that allow maximum oxygen into your body. Along with these, meditation aids to reduce stress thus relieving you from stress-induced IBS symptoms.
- Parighasana or the gate posture: While tall kneeling, stretch your right leg out to the right, heel on the ground, foot flat, toes reaching to the floor. While inhaling one needs to lift up the arm and bend it while stretching it at the time of inhaling.
- Ardha Matsyendrasana or half-seated spinal twist: On a sitting position, cross the right leg over the left and turn the torso on either side.
- Jathara Parivritti or reclining abdominal twist: While exhaling in Sabha asana position one needs to hug his or her right leg to their belly. This should be repeated on either side.
- Salamba Setu Bandhasana or supported bridge pose: Simple sabha asana with support on the back.
- Ananda Balasana or happy baby pose: In this asana, one needs to lie down and hug ones’ knee to their chest and then reach for the soles.
Any physical activity will keep your body and mind in good health. So, indulge in swimming, Tai Chi, martial arts, and any possible physical activity. Sometimes, what medicine cannot cure, can be cured by regular exercise and yoga, and this could not be less true in IBS. So, go ahead, manage your IBS symptoms with exercise.