Top foods bladder cancer patients must avoid
When diagnosed with bladder cancer, one of the major troubles is controlling your bladder. There are quite a lot of strategies that people claim to be helpful, but they’re unfortunately not as effective as one would like it to be. You would need to look into lifestyle modifications and specific behavior therapies that will ease your condition and slow down the rate of progression of the disease. Apart from being given medical treatment and/or surgery as an option, you might want to look specifically into your diet as well as that is one of the most critical factors that will determine your control over your bladder.
There are certain foods that have been categorized as top bladder irritants and have to be completely stayed off from to avoid any complications. Herein, we discuss the top foods to avoid.
- Do not consume any form of caffeine including tea.
- It is a strict no-no to consume alcohol.
- You need to definitely stay off specific acidic foods such as oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruits, even in the form of juices.
- One of the worst irritants for bladder cancer is spicy foods.
- Adding in tomato-based products of any form can end up aggravating your bladder irritation.
- Chocolates are definitely not allowed due to the fact that they end up causing discomfort in the bladder.
- Carbonated drinks, be it with or without caffeine, has to be completely cut out.
In addition to these well-known bladder irritants, there are foods that can cause trouble to your body, depending on your bladder cancer traits. It is important that you keep a food journal and pay attention to what you eat and drink so that you can watchfully cut out any form of irritant. The difference can be easily seen in the way your bladder reacts and how serious a mark that food bears on your condition. It is not about cutting out the foods you like or enjoy but all about making sure you eat only the right amount that does not impact your body.
Make sure you pay attention your fluid intake as this is critical. Too much or too little of it can end up causing different issues within the bladder. It is important that you keep a note of how much fluid your body is able to process without causing you to feel overwhelmed by your bladder or end up waking too many times at night.