Things you need to know about colon cancer
Colon cancer is the development of carcinogenic cells in the intestine that plays a major role in digestion. Over the years, colon cancer has become a massive threat across the globe. As found by a study, colon cancer remains the third most diagnosed cancer among American adults.
Symptoms of Colon Cancer
Colon cancer can appear with the benign cells that turn into polyps causing serious damage to health. However, following are the general symptoms that the renowned colon cancer center of the country have found,
- Irregular bowel movement
- Blood in stool
- Sudden weight loss
- Continuous constipation or diarrhea
Consult a colon doctor
If you come across the blood in bowel movements, rush to see a colon doctor. Regular colon screenings can reduce the risk of colon cancer. If you are now 50 years old, start your screening as 25.3% adults aged 75-84 are affected by this cancer in America. The colon cancer doctor can advise you to do certain things including,
- Follow a nutritious diet
- Quit smoking and drinking excessive alcohol
- Exercise regularly to maintain weight
Colon cancer center in the country
The colon cancer centers across the country are well-equipped with efficient colon cancer doctors. Have a look at the various centers and their facilities
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America provides targeted therapy, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery and immunotherapy for treating colon cancer.
- Abington Hospital-Jefferson Health focuses on person-centered care approach by undertaking innovative therapies including IMRT and IGRT and performing a laparoscopic colostomy.
- With the excellent surgical team, the Tucker Gosnell Center for Gastrointestinal Cancers undertakes various tools for treating colon cancer including PET/CT, MRI, Intraoperative ultrasound and 3D CT studies.
- The doctors of Albany Medical Center undertake colorectal surgery for colon cancer and other multidisciplinary approaches.
Colon cancer resources include support towards the patients through physically, emotionally and financially. As colon cancer has become a threat to the American society, taking precautions at an early stage is essentially required. Periodically visit the colon cancer doctor to identify the symptoms quickly, and you can acquire the needed resources at the proper time from the center.