Pros and cons of instant water heater and storage water heater
Winters make you realize the importance of hot water heaters, especially during chilly months. After all, washing, bathing, cleaning dishes, and many other chores require the use of water. And working with icy cold water is not pleasant at all. Thankfully, there are many reputed brands offering advanced water heaters these days. But most people get confused while choosing between a storage water heater and instant water heater. Now the fact of the matter is that both come with their own set of pros and cons. So you can only decide when you know all about it.
Pros and cons of storage hot water heaters:
- They are reasonably priced and don’t consume much power
- These are apt for bucket or shower baths
- You will need to wait for at least 5 minutes for the water to heat up before bathing
- It leaves behind a bigger carbon footprint than instant water heaters, which is a concern for eco-friendly consumers
- Offers limited hot water supply, since it depends on the capacity of the storage tank
Pros and cons of instant hot water heaters:
- These use energy only when needed. You can switch it on right before use.
- They are more compact than storage water heaters and very ideal for washing kitchen utensils
- Instant heaters leave behind a smaller carbon footprint and are more environment-friendly
- There is constant supply of hot water with no fear of a damaged tank
- Disadvantage is that they need more power than storage heaters
- They are not suited for shower baths
After weighing the pros and cons of these two hot water heaters, you can decide which one you need. While the instant version is suitable if you are short on space and not worried about your utility bills, the storage version is more apt if you have a modest budget. Both types of heaters are offered by reputed brands along with many advantageous features. So, conduct a thorough research for both types from different brands and then make your choice.